- By submitting your application to attend the Futures Forum (Forum), you (Applicant, You) agree to these terms and conditions.
- Applications must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid and accepted.
Period to apply
- Applications close at 11:59 pm aedt. on 30th November 2018.
Who can apply
- To be eligible to apply to attend the Forum:
- You must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- You must be aged between 18– 30 at time of submitting an application.
- You agree that you must complete a statutory declaration confirming your descent to be eligible to attend the Forum.
How to submit your application
- Applicants must complete and submit the application form available on the website portal.
- Applications that do not comply with these terms and conditions are invalid and will not be accepted.
Selection of successful applicants
- An evaluation panel comprising of representatives from IBA and selected external partners (Evaluation Panel) will assess all applications against the evaluation criteria determined by IBA in its sole discretion.
- Applicants selected by the Evaluation Panel will be ‘Successful Applicants’.
- The Evaluation Panel’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. IBA will not disclose any details regarding the Evaluation Panel’s assessment of applications to You except where required to do so by law.
- IBA reserves the right to disqualify any Applicant or Application that:
- is incomplete, illegible or is deemed to contain information that is incorrect, misleading or fraudulent;
- is (or the Applicant has acted in a manner that is deemed) defamatory, abusive, insulting, threatening, obscene, inflammatory, offensive, unlawful or otherwise contain content which, in IBA’s opinion, is inappropriate or objectionable.
- It is intended that the Forums will be held between March – July in 2019, however the dates, number and locations will be determined post consolidation of applications.
- Subject to clause 14, If travel assistance is required by a Successful Applicant, IBA will pay for the following:
- return economy airfares from the Successful Applicant’s closest appropriate airport (to be determined by IBA at its sole discretion) to the city where the forum located (Forum Venue) to allow attendance;
- accommodation at the Forum Venue (to be determined by IBA at is sole discretion; and
- transfers between the closest appropriate airport to the venue of the Forum.
- It is your individual responsibility to cover costs from your home to the closest airport and return, IBA will not be covering this cost.
- IBA will not make any payments directly to Successful Applicants. IBA will make all travel arrangements and payments directly to service providers.
- Meals will be available for the Successful Applicants at the Forum. Any meals outside of this will be at the Successful Applicant’s own cost.
Intellectual property rights
- Each Applicant retains any intellectual property rights in their application.
- You grant IBA and the Evaluation Panel a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty and payment free, transferable, sub-licensable right to exercise all of the intellectual property rights in Your application for the purpose of assessing your application and conducting the application process.
- You warrant that You have the right to grant the licences described above and do not infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- You hereby indemnify IBA against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, expenses (including legal costs), loss or damage incurred by IBA as a result of the You breaching clause 17.
- You authorise IBA, its directors, employees, subcontractors and agents to release, disclose and use Your name and Your image and information You provide in Your application for advertising, promotional and educational purposes, including but not limited, to:
- print media such as publications, brochures, newspapers, reports, news stories and media releases;
- audiovisual recordings; and
- internet based media such as websites, social media and web pages.
- IBA may disclose Your personal information to third parties connected with the Forums, including travel companies and hotels, for the purpose of facilitating Your attendance at the Forum venue and events.
- For the purposes of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Act 2005 (Cth), the applicant authorises IBA to release, and consents to IBA using, information concerning its affairs for the purposes of assessing your application and conducting the application process.
- Information about Your Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent is ‘sensitive information’ for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). IBA requires Your consent before it can collect, use or share your sensitive information. You consent to IBA:
- collecting information from You about Your Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- using information about Your Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to assess your application for participation in the Forum.
Limitation of liability
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, IBA (including its officers, employees and agents) will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any death, illness, personal injury or property damage suffered or sustained (even caused by negligence), as a result of, or in any way connected with, this application process.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Applicant agrees to release, fully indemnify and keep fully indemnified, IBA (including its officers, employees and agents) from and against all liability, cost, loss, damage, expense, claim or other right of action arising out of, or in connection with, the application process.
- IBA accepts no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected applications, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. IBA have no control over telephone communications, networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise.
- Applicants are responsible for obtaining their own independent legal and financial advice regarding these terms and conditions.
- All times listed in these terms and conditions of are Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT).
- IBA reserves the right to amend these conditions at any time. If any changes are made, IBA will notify the public via its website.
- These terms and conditions will be construed according to the laws of New South Wales and applicants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State.
- “Including” is not a word of limitation
- Failure by IBA to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If a word or phrase is given a defined meaning, any other part of speech or grammatical form of that word or phrase has a corresponding meaning.
- A word importing the singular includes the plural (and vice versa).
- If any of these terms are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms shall nevertheless continue in full force.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is to be interpreted against IBA or Investible solely on the ground that IBA put forward these terms and conditions or any part of them.
- IBA may terminate, modify, suspend or reduce the Forum at any time without prior notice to you.
IBA means Indigenous Business Australia.